Thursday, April 29, 2010

Fly Reduction

flyer
Time to gear up for minimizing flies, keeping numbers down early in the season will make maintenance easier. Our wonderful beneficials, aka Fly Eliminators, are arriving soon, thanks to all who contributed : )
Here is a fwd from a friend with some good additional info and remedies, check them out. I am going to try making an Epps trap (wish me luck!), and will definitely put up some gallon jug traps around the barn, using the Amish recipe on the homemade list. Share your favorite.
We use Arbico Organics Fly Eliminators, but Spalding has good info on fly prevention as well.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I just tackled the full FAQ on flies via the Spalding website link above. Good thing, as I learned that putting baited housefly traps around the barn ATTRACTS more flies to the area-Yikes!
    It is truly intimidating how different flies respond to different traps and methods, I had NO idea. How nice to have that info there to refer to, it is chock full of surprises. I now know that our "Bombers" (big black horseflies) come from the back of the property in the swampy area, and that I would be better off putting a special trap for them back there than up near the barn. Hmmm, wonder what those deer hunters will think. Anyone want to read up and help me with all this??? Hello??? haha.
    L

    ReplyDelete